I think it’s been almost one year since I’ve done Clear the List! I’ve dabbled in Italian here and there, but I haven’t improved by leaps and bounds like I intended to.
I have two very simple goals this month:
- Allow myself to make mistakes (and learn from them). No more perfectionism holding me back!
- In order to achieve goal #1 I’ve decided to do quite possibly the most embarrassing thing I can imagine…put myself on YouTube. My goal is to document my process learning Italian, and I’m starting out with Benny from Fluent in 3 Month’s Language Hacking challenge on Italki (under community > language hacking).
And I’ve already completed Mission #1: Talking about me!
Yay for Instagram thumbnails that capture your pouty inner child!
I’m really proud of this little win because
- I did something super uncomfortable for me (recording myself and putting it on the internet)
- I decided to JUST DO IT and stop making stupid excuses like “it’s a bad hair day” and I left this unedited with all of my UMMMs because I want to be able to look back and see how far I’ve come!
- I filmed and edited this on my iPhone (my first time ever)….with my phone IN ITALIAN!!!
I have full confidence that I’ll be able to finish all 10 Language Hacking missions this month. And the fear of speaking is already becoming old news.
“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck0
La Dolce Vita through from California to Italy. I’m Kelly, an American girl with Italian taste in food & wine. I blog about learning Italian, food & wine pairings, how to find authentic Italian ingredients in the US, and seasonal recipes from scratch.