What did I eat for Thanksgiving? Cosa ho mangiato per il giorno del ringraziamento?
Breakfast / Colazione
- Greek yogurt – il yogurt
- Pomegranate – una melagrana
- Walnuts – le noci
- Turkey – il tacchino
- Stuffing – il ripieno
- Sweet potatoes – la patata dolce
- Mashed potatoes – il purè di patate
- Green beans – le taccole
- Bread – pane
- Cranberry sauce – la salsa di mirtilli rossi americani
- Gravy – la salsa
- Pumpkin pie – la torta di zucca
- A glass of water – un bicchiere d’acqua
- Wine – il vino
These are more or less the traditional American dishes for Thanksgiving dinner. My family traditionally eats in the afternoon, and it’s such a big meal that it doubles for lunch & dinner!
After eating comes the food coma or abbiocco!
*By the way, I’ve got to learn how to use my camera better…I have mad respect for everyone who is able to take such beautiful food pictures!
La Dolce Vita through from California to Italy. I’m Kelly, an American girl with Italian taste in food & wine. I blog about learning Italian, food & wine pairings, how to find authentic Italian ingredients in the US, and seasonal recipes from scratch.