Thank you for stopping by my website!
My name is Kelly and I am an English teacher from the United States.
You can expect the following:
-Recaps of how I’m learning Italian & resources I’m using
-Comparisons between English & Italian grammar & vocab
-Interviews with other Italian learners & teachers for inspiration
FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
So you can get to know me, here are 7 random facts about me (because 7 is my lucky number!):
- My maternal great-grandparents came from a tiny village in Liguria called Varese Ligure, which has won awards for sustainable organic farming. My family and I got to visit there in 2015.
- I was born and raised in Reno, Nevada, which is nicknamed “the biggest little city in the world.” It’s a mountainous desert, but I have always felt at home near the ocean.
- I lived in Monterey, California for two years for grad school, and loved that I was so close to the ocean that I could hear sea lions at night.
- I studied abroad TWICE in college. First in Pau, France, and then Torino, Italy. And yeah, Bush was President then, so I sometimes pretended I was Canadian!
- I am on a mission to learn Italian. Right now I would say I’m a high beginner (A2), but I want to go all the way to the top (C2).
- Dancing brings me so much joy! I used to do ballet growing up and was a cheerleader in high school, but now I just love to freestyle it in my living room.
- If I weren’t an English teacher, then I would be a chef! But I’ll settle for being a passionate home cook who throws dinner parties for family and friends.
Read more about why I’m learning Italian!
Kelly Strobel is an English teacher from the United States. Since graduating with a Master’s in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) from the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey, she has taught English to children in France and Italy, and adults in higher education in the United States. As part of her professional development, she is doing a second language acquisition case study of her experience learning Italian.