I think it’s been almost one year since I’ve done Clear the List! I’ve dabbled in Italian here and there, but I haven’t improved by leaps and bounds like I intended to.
I have two very simple goals this month:
- Allow myself to make mistakes (and learn from them). No more perfectionism holding me back!
- In order to achieve goal #1 I’ve decided to do quite possibly the most embarrassing thing I can imagine…put myself on YouTube. My goal is to document my process learning Italian, and I’m starting out with Benny from Fluent in 3 Month’s Language Hacking challenge on Italki (under community > language hacking).
And I’ve already completed Mission #1: Talking about me!
Yay for Instagram thumbnails that capture your pouty inner child!
I’m really proud of this little win because
- I did something super uncomfortable for me (recording myself and putting it on the internet)
- I decided to JUST DO IT and stop making stupid excuses like “it’s a bad hair day” and I left this unedited with all of my UMMMs because I want to be able to look back and see how far I’ve come!
- I filmed and edited this on my iPhone (my first time ever)….with my phone IN ITALIAN!!!
I have full confidence that I’ll be able to finish all 10 Language Hacking missions this month. And the fear of speaking is already becoming old news.