What did I eat for Thanksgiving? Cosa ho mangiato per il giorno del ringraziamento?
Breakfast / Colazione
- Greek yogurt – il yogurt
- Pomegranate – una melagrana
- Walnuts – le noci
- Turkey – il tacchino
- Stuffing – il ripieno
- Sweet potatoes – la patata dolce
- Mashed potatoes – il purè di patate
- Green beans – le taccole
- Bread – pane
- Cranberry sauce – la salsa di mirtilli rossi americani
- Gravy – la salsa
- Pumpkin pie – la torta di zucca
- A glass of water – un bicchiere d’acqua
- Wine – il vino
These are more or less the traditional American dishes for Thanksgiving dinner. My family traditionally eats in the afternoon, and it’s such a big meal that it doubles for lunch & dinner!
After eating comes the food coma or abbiocco!
*By the way, I’ve got to learn how to use my camera better…I have mad respect for everyone who is able to take such beautiful food pictures!